1. If you don’t care about fashion, but want to look good all the time I have two words for you. Desert. Shoes. These are literally the “sisterhood of the traveling pants” of shoes. They look good on men young and old, tall and short. They fit with a ton of different styles.
4. Don’t be afraid to wear pink! Pink is a calming color, so wearing it makes you feel more relaxed. I think lighter pink is easier to pull off, but with the right style of shirt, hot pink looks good too.
5. Match your belt with your shoes. I may sound hypocritical as I break this rule all the time, but I think that women’s shoes are more of a statement item. HOWEVER, this doesn’t mean that you should complete match the shade. Wearing a belt in the same color family, but with an interesting detail is really cool.
7. Men can mix patterns! Polka dots and stripes together are not a fashion faux-pas, but a cool look.
Three pieces of advice:
1. If you’re mixing too things, make one piece have a larger print and one piece have a smaller print. Without this, the print will get lost and look busy.
2. Match the main color of one piece with an accent or lesser color in the other piece. This makes the look cohesive without looking matchy-matchy.
3. Another way to join a look together is by using opposite colors on the color wheel. This makes both colors more vibrant because there is a strong contrast.
9. Don’t be afraid to have fun with fashion! Try a new trend, mix some patterns, or even add a pop of color. For me, there’s nothing more stylish than a guy wearing something different with confidence. And a pair of desert shoes doesn’t hurt 🙂
Ladies, what are your fashion rules for guys? Gentlemen, do you agree with my rules?